Blessing in Disguise

December 24th, 2010

In the morning I reserved a Blue Bird Taxi for 4:30 PM that day. At approx 4:15 PM,  Blue Bird No. NM492 arrived in front of my house. I told the driver to wait. Actually I intended to leave at 4:45 PM, but ordered for 4:30 PM because Blue Bird used to come late -- quite often. I've endlessly complaint until I got tired myself. At the beginning I got an apology, but still no significant change.

Suddenly at 4:30 PM the driver knocked on my gate. "Excuse me," he said. "May I turn on the meter?"

"Why??"

"Because it has been more than 15 minutes."

 "What??"

"Well, excuse me, I'm just following the procedure."

"What procedure?"

"When a customer is late more than 15 minutes, the driver can request to turn on the meter or leave."

I really got mad. This isn't fair at all. I have several times experienced Blue Bird arriving late at my house more than 15 minutes. Like 30 minutes until an hour. I had already experienced missing a train and a boat because of Blue Bird arriving late. Does Blue Bird know how much they had cost me? Aaaarrrrggghhh!

I tried to explain to the driver that I ordered for 4:30 PM and not 4:15 PM. He said he didn't know about that he was only told to come immediately to my house. The way he didn't care about that made me even more furious.

To make a long story short, I told him to take option number two in his so called "Blue Bird's Procedure" which is leave the customer.

I called another Blue Bird Taxi counter in my neighborhood. While waiting for my order to come, I realized that I had left my tripod in the room. Wow!! I was terribly mad with the NM492 driver but now I felt like I wanted to hug him. If he had been kind, I would get on his taxi and leave my tripod at home. If that happens, my 11 days photography trip would be in total mess.

No comments: